Have you made any great interior design New Year resolutions, this year?
This year many people are getting serious about tackling the interior design work in their home by committing to some great interior design New Year resolutions.
If you are looking for some great interior design New Year resolutions, here are some great ideas, to get you started:
- Clear away your clutter – every journey starts with one step and your journey to great interior design begins with the removal of clutter from your home. Furthermore you should commit to de-cluttering regularly (at least once every 6 months). If you don’t know how to de-clutter, you don’t want to de-clutter or are too busy to de-clutter, help is at hand. Every town and city has at least one professional declutterer (find out more from APDO- the Association Of Professional Declutterers & Organisers). They are not only experts in de-cluttering, but they are experts in storage systems, so that once you’ve got on top of that clutter they can advise how to ensure that your clutter is less likely to come back;
- Create a plan of action – if you really want to do things properly, creating a plan of action is essential. Start by defining your goals for the next 12 months. Now, they say that a goal without a deadline is just a dream. So include details of when you’re going achieve your goals. Make them realistic, refer to them often and stick to them;
- Redecorate using bold colours, designs and furnishing – if your interior decoration seems a little bit too conservative, then why not decide that this year is the year that you are going to take some risks with your interior design! Make this the year for bold colours and bright bold designs. Compliment everything with bright bold furniture and decorative items, as well. After all, you are only limited by your dreams (and your budget);
- Tackle one renovation job, at a time – New Year is a great time to plan one substantial interior design project in your home. If there are several rooms in your home that need attention, begin with the one that needs most work done to it. Larger projects can be daunting at first, so plan properly beforehand and only undertake one project at a time;
- Take care of carpets and soft furnishings – sometimes the smallest things can make the biggest difference! Cleaning your carpets and soft furnishings may seem like a small task, especially if there’s a lot that needs to be done in your property. However, even tired carpets and curtains can be brought back to life with quality professional cleaning and that can really make a big difference to your enjoyment of your home;
- Learn more about interior design – make this year the year that you learn more about interior design. There are a wide variety of short, interesting and convenient introductory interior design courses available at local colleges and online. These courses can help you to improve and develop your understanding of interior design principles and show you how to apply them in your home;
- Decorate your home with arts and craft work – drawings, pictures, art and craft work can be wonderful additions to any home. If your home hasn’t got much in the way of quality art or craft items or if you are tired of the ones you have at the moment, now is the time to buy some. Nice, relatively inexpensive items can be found in most large towns and cities. They can be chosen to compliment your décor or simply because they are a pleasure to look at;